Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

GTA V Release Data and Time Confirmed - Servers open earlier for USA.
Rockstar just confirmed that GTA V will go live (servers) on April 14th at 12:00 AM (BST)/(GMT) (UK time lol).

This is just nice to see from Rockstar today.. meaning no more delays,.. but I suppose if you have been counting down for months and months.. and are West of the UK (BST/GMT) Timezone.. For instance, the USA/Canada etc.. Then It actually will open up for the United states on April 13th (Monday night) -- Specifically 7:00pm Eastern, 6:00pm Central, 5:00pm Mountain, and 4:00pm Pacific Time(s).

Below are some more details on this and the actual graphical options in game for PC if interested:

[Image: gta1.jpg]

[Image: gta2.jpg]

[Image: gta3.jpg]

QI Stream - www.Qinteresting.com

QI - Qinteresting Forum(s) - www.Qinteresting.com/forum/

Okay so I don't fully understand. Maybe because it's 6:30 am and I haven't had coffee. There will be an additional 3 hours of download time that night? Or is that for the sillies that refuse to preload?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(04-11-2015, 05:39 AM)Brandy_Marie Wrote:  Okay so I don't fully understand. Maybe because it's 6:30 am and I haven't had coffee. There will be an additional 3 hours of download time that night? Or is that for the sillies that refuse to preload?

Smile -- Hehe.. No, Rockstar is releasing GTA V on April 14th (Tuesday) at Midnight. The Time Zone they are using for 12:00am (midnight) is British Standard Time, which is GMT - 0. Just think of it as Denny's time,.. or 5 Hours ahead of you.

So for people in the UK it will be Midnight 4/14/15 (Tuesday am) when the game is unlocked to play --

So for people in the United States, it will still be 4/13/15 (Monday Night) -- So for you it will be 7pm when they launch the game.

If you try to play GTA V now steam will tell you the files are encrypted.

As for any more downloading -- There may be a patch right away, I have no idea. But this has nothing to do with that.. it's just the official launch time.

Yeah I get all that stuff. Sorry, I explained bad. In the first screenshot you posted it says "if you are on the east coast your download might take you past midnight." Just wasn't 100% positive if it meant the download of the entire game. There will probably be some sort of download, though.

(04-11-2015, 08:06 AM)Brandy_Marie Wrote:  Yeah I get all that stuff. Sorry, I explained bad. In the first screenshot you posted it says "if you are on the east coast your download might take you past midnight." Just wasn't 100% positive if it meant the download of the entire game. There will probably be some sort of download, though.

You better be sorry.. Dodgy Smile Cool I was just explaining the launch (when it would officially be open to play) time. The game is 65GB's steam dl'ed all of that for me.. so if they are holding anything back on the DL it's small and only so people can't hack the content to play beforehand (singleplayer).. Plus I imagine steam/rockstar will put PC servers online Monday night USA (12am GMT) at the same time the game DL is unlocked. (By this I mean what we've pre-loaded will become active to play)

All of that said, I do expect some patch on Monday night, or Tuesday as something is invariably bound to be wrong somewhere. It's near impossible to release a game of this magnitude on PC for the masses 100% perfect no matter how much in-house testing you do. Though maybe it's tested well enough that they don't have to immediately patch the thing.

Personally I'm ready to play it.. but if I had to wait X more days or whatever it wouldn't really bother me at all.

I've actually been really fleshing out the graphical specifications and what tessalation, TXAA, MSAA, PhysX, etc they used in this port to see just what Dennylouie would need to play this.

I wish I lived in the UK for a bit .. cause I'd just grab some parts off newegg and go over to Denny's and have his computer ready to play in 10-20minutes.. Given the Min and Rec. specs put out.. They seem to have done a good job on expanding the range of PC's that will be able to play this game -- ie: You don't need a super high end gamer rig to play. It shouldn't be like GTA IV was with it's abysmal port making even the great computers struggle with it.

Yeah.. we'll figure out how to sort Denny. The cheapest route , but more difficult, is to get the parts needed to upgrade his existing computer -- Problem with that is Denny doesn't know how to install them which most don't.. he says he has a computer buddy .. I'd like to talk to that guy. The easiest thing logistically would be to get him a "box" new computer (or second hand whatever) from the UK somwhere shipped to him. Where he just plugs in his monitor and loads up Steam etc.. and goes.

It was nice of you to give Alistracious the free copy of GTA V Smile -- But yeah,.. for a computer that I would be confident in , put together, would cost $600 ish minimum if I built it .. I looked at UK sites for computers pieced together.. and cheapest I could find were about 500-600 pounds.. which is a lot more in our dollars. We need to just be on the lookout for some place selling (and obviously shipping) mid grade computers, refurbished, or used, or just on super sale or something that wouldn't be outrageous to chip in to buy.

As for denny's current computer.. it has the Processor to play.. it technically has the min. RAM requirements. It needs a video card (and one that fits proper.. it's a slim design tower).. and a new power supply (the factory one, as is typical in bought non built computers) is 240 watts which is not enough to run most video cards .

A video card that will run GTA halfway decent would be under 100 pounds easily.. and the power supply 30-50 pounds.. Also given RAM is so cheap.. he could use at least another 4GB chip thrown in there (Ram is like $10-35).

Again, only issue here is making sure someone competent can put it in (it's mostly just plug and play though).

Headset -- yes.. the Logitech G230 is exactly the headset I bought. I should have ordered it online in hindsight as I paid $49.99 + tax locally.. and it's a bit cheaper than that online..

That said.. I'm super impressed with it. I have no intentions of replacing it with anything different until it breaks/dies on me. The sound quality is great,.. Mic is great.. and comfort is phenomenal plus some cool features you'll see when you get it I think you'll like.

Don't let the price fool you.. it's a quality headset for sure. Smile

Btw, I would've given YOU the copy, but you had purchased the copy the day before I even talked to Denny about when he planned on updating. I felt bad for only being able to give him a copy because I know there are a couple more who want it as well, but I thought big mouth would keep that little bit of me gifting it to him to himself. I feel bad now. I hope nobody is upset with me over it.

(04-11-2015, 08:49 PM)Brandy_Marie Wrote:  Btw, I would've given YOU the copy, but you had purchased the copy the day before I even talked to Denny about when he planned on updating. I felt bad for only being able to give him a copy because I know there are a couple more who want it as well, but I thought big mouth would keep that little bit of me gifting it to him to himself. I feel bad now. I hope nobody is upset with me over it.

Hahaha.. I wasn't inferring I wanted you to give me the copy lol.. I bought it before you had any copies.. Brandy you are notorious for gifting people games lol. There is no reason anyone should or would be upset/mad at you .. you can gift anyone you feel like the game. Al did mention you had that copy for Denny but gave it to him after he said I'll take it (don't quote me on that) Smile -- So when you talked to denny about upgrading or whatever he said it's not going to happen? Hrmm.. When I talked with him he seemed open to the idea, but it's Denny .. hehe.. He's king of procrastination (even beats me I think.. Big Grin ) --

We were in teamspeak.. like mutley, alister, myself, maybe 12 (he might not have joined by then).. Feld .. etc playing burnout and it was brought up as we talked about GTA V for just a second.

I was going to wait to buy GTA V under what I call the "Mutley Principle" lol.. but I couldn't help myself and let's 'be honest that price isn't going to go down for a while imho. It will retain value for a looooooooooooooooong time.. I can see it hitting $49.99 in 5-6 months maybe.. but nothing drastic.

No I know that's not what you meant. I just feel like a couple other people (yourself included) also deserved that copy.

Denny just said it probably wouldn't be for a while. He made it sound like possibly months down the line. So I thought instead of letting it just sit in my inventory I would offer the game to someone else and possibly gift him a copy once he gets all his stuff together.

I can't wait for us all to play together! My choices were between mutley and al to give the game to besides Denny, and I feel bad I couldn't gift one to mut as well.

I agree about the cost not lowering any time soon. Mortal kombat x comes out soon and the preorder is down to $27 on some sites, but I've only found gta for about $7 cheaper than steam is charging. It's going to be too big of a game for Rockstar to bother lowering the cost of any time soon.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon