Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Denny's Computer Upgrade(s)
Hey guys, ladies,.. Denny Smile

Thanks to Brandy and Feld chipping in we purchased a handful of parts that gave Denny's ThinkCentre m91p computer a fighting chance to play GTA V!!

Denny, here is a Video of all the parts you will be receiving, and I explain how the VGA Adapters we bought go onto your card (it's not rocket science Wink ) - But just for reference so you'll be all set when you get this stuff.  Also just a sort of what to expect when it arrives:

The Parts are definitely on their way --

[Image: denny_package.jpg]

And here is the tracking number (Doesn't give away any personal info)

[Image: denny_tracking.jpg]

Here are the individual parts with their specifications, pictures, and so on for you and anyone who is curious as to just what you are getting and putting in your computer.    The end result will be an upgrade of RAM from 4GB to 8GB,.. and from onboard graphics to a Dedicated Graphics Card.  Denny's computer already has an Intel i5 Quadcore 3.x Ghz per core processor so with the 8GB of DDR3 RAM in Dual Channel Mode, and a Dedicated Graphics card he will meet the minimum requirements (and exceed in some areas) of GTA V!

Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 Video Card Upgrade

[Image: sapphire0.jpg]

[Image: sapphire1.jpg]

[Image: sapphire2.jpg]

[Image: sapphire3.jpg]

[Image: sapphire4.jpg]

In part, Why this card was chosen - http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-100357LP-128-bit-Express-Profile/product-reviews/B0095MRLJ2

4GB of Additional RAM (To upgrade to a total of 8GB!)

[Image: denny_ram.jpg]

Adapters to retrofit the Newer cards ports to VGA Monitors:

DVI to VGA: http://www.walmart.com/ip/32507072?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227021356722&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=52367751071&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=83933704751&veh=sem

HDMI to VGA: These things in general --  http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=Vga%20Male%20To%20Hdmi%20Female&adid=22222222220207061999&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=b&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=27948061707&wl4=&veh=sem

And for any who are curious as to the computer Denny is working with,.. it's a good machine, solid processor -- (The only fly in the ointment was it's small form factor and 220/240 Watt Power Supply) As shown here:

[Image: m91p.jpg]

http://www.cnet.com/products/lenovo-thinkcentre-m91p/specs/

QI Stream - www.Qinteresting.com

QI - Qinteresting Forum(s) - www.Qinteresting.com/forum/

once again i want to thank you guys so much! i honestly wouldnt have known how to proceed with this without your help .you truly are wonderful people that im honoured to call friends ! xx
I think I can speak for all three of us (Brandy, Feld, and Myself) in saying it is OUR pleasure to be able to help you out this way!

It took a couple of days for the tracking to show movement,.. but it finally has updated (I was getting a little worried it hadn't showed acceptance by the local post office yet) -- Now it's out of the City and should soon be on a plane as shown here:

[Image: denny_tracking.jpg]

P.S. - You can click the image above to get real-time tracking updates (same with original post).

ah cool ive just been tracking it ! Smile its airbourne!
(04-28-2015, 11:18 AM)Dennylouie Wrote:  ah cool ive just been tracking it ! Smile its airbourne!

Well .. apparently it's been sitting in Customs in Miami.. of course. Anyhow.. the latest movement hopefully is showing it's "passed" through customs and will be out on a flight this morning. I was curious why there wasn't any sort of update that it had landed in the UK. (Though I've heard sometimes tracking stops until it's delivered once in another country).

The latest:

[Image: track.jpg]

So it was in Miami the 27th, 28th, and now 29th.. Says Processed "through sort facility" at the ISC Miami Location which I know is Customs inspection.

I think once it shows a departure update from Miami it will actually be Airborn.. I still believe barring any Customs delays it will arrive this week.

Here's a snippet from a former USPS employee:
Quote: ISC is the International Service Center. It's where mail passes through when leaving or entering the country. If a package is going to another country, it is likely there will be no tracking for several days after that. There is no tracking when parcels are intransit, flying or waiting in airports. Tracking usually resumes after it has passed through Customs Inspection.

So I am going to expect there may not be any more tracking updates until it literally arrives. Apparently once it's in the hands of another country it's now obviously not the USPS anymore and your postal service. The tracking systems obviously may not be tied together very well and this is why after being at the "Internation service center".. ie: The airport in Miami.. it may be on the plane to UK.. then routed through UK to your business address .. I do expect a delivery confirmation update though.

yes im hopeful i shuold pick it up about thursday ? or fri ? the latest
Big Grin 
(04-29-2015, 07:31 AM)Dennylouie Wrote:  yes im hopeful i shuold pick it up about thursday ? or fri ? the latest
You are the man Denny!  Chrome's post with all of the parts and specs is awesome. Congrats!

Deep
Do you need a low profile card?  That case looks smallish..   I have a couple cards Id be willing to part with that are a bit more powerful.   Radeon HD 7770 and a 7850 both with 2gb of vram
thanks for your offer Dboone , thats really kind of you Smile it hink chrome has sorted all the spec for my pc and chose the appropriate one for the job , within the confines of my small desktop pc, but thank you nevertheless Big Grin
Put the most in his computer it would handle with it's factory "custom size" power supply.. It meets min specs so the game will run,.. Hopefully it will run well enough to have an enjoyable play experience on low settings and resolution.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon